Slow cooker Turkish breakfast eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored and finely sliced
- 1 small red chili, finely sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice sourdough bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt, to serve
Oil the inside of a small slow cooker and heat if necessary. Heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Stir in the onions, pepper and chili. Cook until they begin to soften. Tip into the slow cooker and add the cherry tomatoes and bread and stir everything. Season.
Whisk the eggs with the milk and parsley and pour this over the top, making sure all the other ingredients are covered. Cook for 5-6 hours. Serve with the yogurt.